Join us for an exclusive heliski experience in Skagway, Alaska. Steep couloirs and powder runs abound!
- Skagway heli-skiing offers expansive terrain in a unique in-town setting
- Pick up after skiing in the West Rock City area of Mt. Carmack
- The Ferebee Glacier area offers incredible terrain just a short flight from Skagway
- Skagway climate makes for some of the most flyable weather in Alaska
- Safety briefing from the waterfront heli-port in Skagway
- The Left hand finger chutes... ski tracks on the pinky, one of the Skagway classics
Escape the crowds and access world class skiing & riding in the mountains surrounding Skagway
The historic town of Skagway, Alaska at the northern end of Alaska’s inside passage is surrounded by an extremely jagged, heavily glaciated, mountain landscape. The peaks surrounding town often leave guests in awe as their vertical rise straight from the ocean is unforgettable. The variety of terrain; from glacier cirques with a multitude of steep couloirs to open bowls and rolling powder runs make for world class skiing and riding. The combination of incredible skiing and the proximity to a helicopter base of operations make this area one of the best in North America for helicopter skiing.
Skagway, the jump off point for the gold fields of the Klondike, is rich in history from the era. With a local population of just over 1,000, town offers distinctive character and a quite, relaxing environment during downtime.
SKAGWAY: Skagway offers visitors an escape off the beaten path and the chance to discover world class heliski access nestled at the northernmost point of the Inside Passage. Commercial flights can be arranged to Juneau, with regular Cessna flight service and the Alaska Marine Highway ferry system available from Juneau to get you here.
LODGING & MEALS: We’ll arrange lodging in town for you and provide lunch with each day of heliskiing. Guests will be responsible for breakfast and dinner during their stay.
10K VERTICAL GUARANTEE: All Skagway heli packages include a 10,000′ vertical per day guarantee. We’ll maximize skiing during your stay and ensure your powder grin is ear to ear. We are often able to recoup lost vertical due to weather with additional ski time towards the end of your itinerary. If for some reason we aren’t able to meet our 10K/day vertical guarantee over the course of your trip with us, the following refund structure will apply:
– No fly day = 65% refund
– 0 – 2,000 ft short = 10% refund
– 2,000 – 4,000 ft short = 25% refund
– 4,000 – 6,000ft short = 35% refund
– 6,000 – 8,000ft short = 50 % refund
OUR GUIDES: Stellar Alaska Mountain Guides are professionals, putting a premium on our guests experience. Every trip draws on extensive guiding experience in Alaska, South America, Japan, and around the world. We are dedicated to creating an experience that exceeds guest’s expectations!
Reggie Crist competed in the ’92 Olympics and won gold medals in the X Games (02 & 05). His success as a competitor opened the door for filming with production companies such as Warren Miller and Teton Gravity Research. He has 20+ years of Alaskan Heli-ski experience and when he is not guiding up north, works as a lead guide for Sun Valley Heli. During the summer months he is a lead guide for Valle Nevado Heli in Chile. He works for Eddie Bauer and K2 designing, testing, and marketing their products. Working alongside Reggie, our team of guides all have 5+ years of guiding heli-skiing in Alaska.
We offer a variety of short stay and play packages ranging from 3 to 5 days.
During downtime guests can explore the historic downtown area, part of the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park, enjoy a refreshing beer at the local brewery or take a walk out towards Yakutania Point for a stunning view down the fjord and an opportunity to see wildlife.
We encourage guests to factor an extra day or two into their visit to Skagway with the possibility to make up lost weather days on the tail end of their trip. Additional heli days can also be added on for a rate of $990/day.
- Equipment List – Personal clothing & Equipment you’ll want with you for heli-skiing
- Registration Form – One required per participant
- Rental Gear List – List of Backcountry skiing gear, and personal items available for rent
- Land Based Activity Waiver – One required per participant over the age of 18.
- Travel Info – Helpful information on how to get to/from Skagway.
Price: $2970(+ tax, in USD)
2018 Dates: Mar - Apr
2019 Dates: Mar - Apr
What is included in the trip price:
- Lodging – At a local hotel in Skagway
- Lunch – Provided each day of your heliskiing package
- Transportation in Skagway – We’ll provide transport to/from the airport or ferry terminal and around town
- Professional guides – All guides have 5+ years of heliski experience in Alaska and a passion for sharing premiere ski experiences with guests.
Guests are responsible for the following:
- Personal clothing & equipment – review the equipment list included under “Documents”
- Trip insurance – we highly recommend trip insurance for all of our programs
- Airfare – review the “Travel Information” under “Documents” for more details
- Reviewing trip policies – please reference our policies page for policies regarding payment, cancellations, refunds and guest responsibilities.
To Book your adventure, follow the steps below:
- Please call to confirm availability at 1-800-766-3396 or fill out an online form to request more information via this link:
Feel free to call or email anytime if you have questions about your upcoming trip. Our team is excited to help you prepare for your adventure!
We had such a great time with you guys. Skagway was awesome and the skiing was phenomenal!
– Kait S.