An unforgettable experience in one of the world's most iconic ski and snowboard destinations, in the most exclusive manner possible - via helicopter.
- Skiing from our 18-mile lodge
- Helicopter on approach to pick up at the LZ
- Looking down onto the Chilkat River contemplating the powder turns below
- Haines area offers some of the best conditions in North America
- Prepping to head out for a day of skiing from our heli in/out lodge
- Haines is widely recognized as a mecca of Alaska heli-skiing
- Afternoon light and powder in mid-March - Haines, AK
Experience Premiere Heliskiing in Haines, AK.
The historic town of Haines, Alaska at the northern end of Alaska’s inside passage is surrounded by an extremely jagged, heavily glaciated, mountain landscape. The area is home to the world’s largest non-polar ice cap. The peaks have 7,000 feet of vertical relief and rise directly from the ocean. The variety of terrain; from glacier cirques with a multitude of steep couloirs to open undulating bowls of heavenly powder make for world class skiing and riding. The combination of incredible skiing and the proximity to a helicopter base of operations make this area one of the best in North America for helicopter skiing.
Experienced guides and expert pilots will lead you into one of the greatest heliski destinations in North America. Stellar Alaska Mountain Guides, a unique partnership of Alaska Mountain Guides, and Stellar Adventure Travel brings together one of the most experienced team of professional guides in North America.
The mountains surrounding Haines have a relatively dry, continental snowpack and some of the clearest and most stable weather conditions anywhere in Alaska. Our guests have access to extensive un-tracked areas. We’ve honed a serious of ideal helicopter circuits to maximize the quality skiing with minimal helicopter time while making the most of this epic terrain.
Featuring a variety of fun activities when the weather keeps us on the ground. With several short hikes, fishing spots along the Chilkat River, tracked UTV and snowmobile rentals, and tours of the local distillery and brewery, there’s plenty to do when not skiing/riding!
HAINES: Haines is a small community located at the northern end of the Inside Passage. Surrounded by mountains and receiving more snowfall on average than other parts of Alaska, Haines has become known for world class heliskiing. Regular flights are available from Juneau daily, ferry service is also available to get you here.
LODGING: Alaska Mountain Guides and Stellar Adventure Travel offer two stay and play packages:
Our all inclusive package includes 6 nights of lodging at a rental home close to downtown, package complete with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Limited space available, be sure to reserve early!
Our standard town package includes 6 nights of lodging at a local hotel with lunch included each day. Haines has several restaurants for guests to enjoy following each day’s adventure.
HELICOPTERS & PILOTS: Stellar Alaska Mountain Guides works with Temsco Helicopters exclusively. We’ve been partnered for over 10 years flying in both Haines and Skagway. Temsco operates one of the most professional, safe and efficient helicopter companies in North America. We’re proud to be working with Temsco and their incredible pilots.
THE TERRAIN: With over 20+ years of heli-skiing, guiding and exploring the mountains of Haines, we’ve developed a series of ideal circuits for efficient flying, and maximum skiing of the best snow. The mountains generally top out at about 6,000′ nearly straight from sea level. Our heli-ski terrain spans from coastal peaks towering over the fjord to 30 miles interior with slightly drier, powdery conditions. The scope of terrain gives us the ability to change areas fluidly to find the most flyable weather and best snow conditions. From more moderate powder runs, to steeper lines that get the blood pumping, our team is excited to show you the incredible mountains and glaciers surrounding Haines.
OUR GUIDES: Stellar Alaska Mountain Guides are professionals, putting a premium on our guests experience. Every trip draws on extensive guiding experience in Alaska, South America, Japan, and around the world. We are dedicated to creating an experience that exceeds guest’s expectations!
Reggie Crist competed in the ’92 Olympics and won gold medals in the X Games (02 & 05). His success as a competitor opened the door for filming with production companies such as Warren Miller and Teton Gravity Research. He has 20+ years of Alaskan Heli-ski experience and when he is not guiding up north, works as a lead guide for Sun Valley Heli. During the summer months he is a lead guide for Valle Nevado Heli in Chile. He works for Eddie Bauer and K2 designing, testing, and marketing their products. Working alongside Reggie, our team of guides & support staff will do their best to make sure your visit to Haines is an exceptional experience.
All week long packages run Saturday to Friday:
Day 1 (Sat): Arrive as early as possible, skiing in the afternoon is possible if your itinerary and weather allow. We’ll cover a safety briefing and go over equipment before our first opportunity to fly with the heli.
Days 2-6: We’ll ski the mountains outside Haines with stunning views of the surround mountains and fjord. We’ll make the most of each day, getting the most skiing possible with the allotted helicopter time. We have a variety of unique and fun down day activities for inclement weather.
Day 7 (Fri): Schedule your departure as late as possible, skiing in the morning is possible if weather and remaining heli time allows.
There are a variety of fun, down day activities that our guides are accustomed to facilitating for our guests. This may include a trip out onto the ocean, snow machining on nearby trails. A Passport is strongly recommended as Haines is only 40 miles from the Canadian border, and traveling into Canada can be a fun down day activity. Of course, our primary focus is getting out into the world-class mountains surrounding Haines. We look forward to skiing with you in Haines!. Some of our down day options are included, and some are available for an additional cost.
1/2 day Snowmachine Guided Ride: Join your guide for a ride into the Alaska wilderness and enjoy the thrill of riding snowmobiles in a variety of terrain.
1/2 day UTV SnowTrack Adventure: We have several Razor Style aggressive 4×4 outfitted with snowtracks. They are fun and comfortable to drive in a variety of conditions.
Charter Boat Exploration: We can travel over to Skagway for a visit, look for wildlife along the shores, and explore unique parts of the Upper Lynn Canal. Generally time out on the water would be about 4-6 hours.
UTV snow track supported backcountry skiing: Using the Snowtracked UTVs, we can access some great lower elevations tree skiing terrain.
Backcountry Skiing: About an hour drive away into Canada, there is good roadside access to a variety of skinning and skiing terrain.
Skins and Touring gear needed, and passports required.
In addition to these options, there are a series of fun things to do in Haines if the weather isn’t cooperating to fly in the helicopter. Haines has several different Museums, a brewery, and distillery. The American Bald Eagle Foundation and Kroschel’s wildlife park offer unique Alaskan experiences on a down day. There are a series of short half day hikes to get out and explore. Our guides have extensive local knowledge and are excited to make the most of the time in town, when we aren’t able to fly.
- 7-day Haines Itinerary & Info – Printable detailed trip information.
- Equipment List – Personal clothing & Equipment you’ll want with you for heli-skiing
- Sample Menu – overview sample of food during your stay in Haines.
- Registration Form – One required per participant
- Liability Waiver - One required per participant over the age of 18.
- Travel Info – Helpful information on how to get to/from Haines.
Price: $7800, $6800(+ tax, in USD)
2020 Dates: March 7, 14, 21, 28, April 4, 11, 18, 25
What is included in the 7 day Haines heli ski packages?
- 6 Nights of Lodging
- 1 hour of HOBBS helicopter time
- All ground transportation once you arrive into Haines, AK
- Professional ski guides with 10+ years guiding experience in Alaska and a passion for sharing premiere ski experiences with guests.
- All Inclusive option includes meals provided, beginning with dinner on day 1 and concluding with breakfast on day 7
- Standard option includes lunch only — guests will be close to the local grocery store and a variety of restaurants for other meal options
- Snow safety equipment: avalanche beacon, shovel, probe, and avalanche airbag
- *Lodging is double occupancy — Single occupancy lodging available upon request, additional $150 fee for single occupancy lodging.
Guests are responsible for:
- Travel Insurance – highly recommended. Don’t hesitate to contact us for help picking out a plan.
- Personal clothing & equipment – review the equipment list included under “Documents”
- Trip insurance – we highly recommend trip insurance for all of our programs
- Airfare – review the “Travel Information” under “Documents” for more details
- Reviewing trip policies – please reference our policies page for policies regarding payment, cancellations, refunds and guest responsibilities.
Payment, Refunds & No Fly Days
All that is required to make a reservation, is a $1500 deposit which may be made with any major credit card. Payment in full is required 90 days prior to Day 1 of your trip. Payment can be made via credit card online, over the phone, or via wire transfer.
Unused Heli time: 50% of any unused hours may be rolled over as credit and applied to the subsequent season. Travel insurance is highly recommended. Past guests have found Travel Guard’s – Platinum Plan to be a great option in covering their heliski vacation.
To Book your adventure, follow the steps below:
- Please call to confirm availability at 1-800-766-3396 or fill out an online form to request more information via this link:
- Place a $1500 deposit to reserve your spot: this can be place over the phone by credit card, check in the mail, or through our payment gateway.
- Once you’ve reserved your spot, you’ll receive a welcome packet with all the necessary registration forms and trip information.
- We kindly ask that you submit all of the necessary trip registration information at least 45 days prior to your trip.
Feel free to call or email anytime if you have questions about your upcoming trip. Our team is excited to help you prepare for your adventure!
Alaska Mountain Guides and Stellar are the best! I had so much fun during my week in Haines and felt like guides did a great job finding runs suited to my abilities.
– Phil B.